Thursday, March 17, 2011

10 Years Ago


First off, a thanks to all that have been wishing Kathy & I a happy anniversary this year. It started Saturday on Facebook & Twitter since we actually had a small gathering at our home with family & friends.

But today is the real day, back in 2001, before the world changed with 9/11/01, my world changed on 3/17/01 as I married my Irish Lass, Kathleen.

Why St. Pat's Day?

As I mentioned my wife is of Irish heritage. She wanted a happy memory on St. Pat's day for when her Mom was no longer alive, to balance her grief.

Since 3/17/01 was a Saturday it worked out perfectly. Her Mom and brothers and sisters, all of our kids (5 of them), and a few friends gathered in a church that afternoon as we exchanged vows and also traded wedding rings.

These rings I had imported from Ireland. They are Irish Claddaghs and feature an emerald in the center of the heart.

Each year we would take a little vacation, often to Indianapolis, last year to Michigan to celebrate Kathy's Birthday on the 13th and our wedding on the 17th.

This year due to work schedules and upcoming weddings, showers, and graduations, we stayed in town.

And this morning I found this video which is perfect for today:



Picture from CladdaughRing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment