Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Collectors Item for your Coffee Table


UPDATE: TAKE A PEEK INSIDE THE BOOK BY CLICKING HERE.
Last week I received an email from Rachel Joyner of Turner Publishing, "I’m going around to all the Fort Wayne bloggers/freelancers to let them know about our new book, the Historic Photos of Fort Wayne by Scott Bushnell... The title is done in a large format, 10x10 and all images used are culled from several archives that represent rare or never before seen photos of Fort Wayne. We’re trying to get the word out to local folks, so I hope you don’t mind me dropping you a line to let you know about our book!

He has two upcoming signings: Coldwater Road Barnes & Noble on June 7th from 1-3pm and the next week, the day before Father's Day, at Hyde Brothers Booksellers on June 14th at 6pm."



I read the book cover to cover Saturday in a couple of sittings and it will be showcased in our home except for when the weather warms up. This summer, I'll be taking this book downtown with me and comparing our current downtown landscape with the photos in this book from years ago.

As someone who came here in the mid 1960's and then left a couple times, but came back to stay 10 years ago, I appreciate this collection of photos and the stories behind them. It's an excellent narrative for history buffs and a volume that contains pictures that were previously unavailable in one place.

Also, I don't believe that Rachel was aware of this but I know Scott Bushnell and his son Sean and their families from our association with the Fort Wayne Central Lions club where I have served as a Vice-President and on their Board of Directors.

Scott also had a book signing last year for his book, Hard News, Heartfelt Opinions: A History of the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to receiving our copy of this book. It should be an interesting read and we'll certainly be pleased to help promote it.

    ReplyDelete