Saturday, February 23, 2008

Making a living online legitimately


The title of this post along with the content is copied directly from Kim Komando's weekly newsletter. You may have noticed that I have several references to her material on this site. Here's why:

I have followed advice from others and either I was too ambitious and got carried away with my computer tweaking, or perhaps it was bad advice to begin with. That hasn't happened yet with the tips I have followed from Kim.

Her picture's on the right hand side of this page. You can subscribe to her free newsletters by clicking on the link at the end of this post. Now here's Kim:

Jason wrote in from Spring Hill, TN. He’s looking for work and heard me mention freelancing sites. He’d like me to recommend some legitimate sites again.

Over the years, many readers have asked about making money online. So I’ve written quite a bit about it. You’ll want to start with my recent column. Find out about legitimate freelancing opportunities. It also covers other online opportunities that you won’t learn about anywhere else.

Many people dream of freelancing. But are you sure it is right for you? Will you be able to handle the constant search for more work? If not, consider full-time employment in your field instead. You can start on Monster or CareerBuilder. But to find the best opportunities, there are better places to search.

Or, you may want to take things a step beyond freelancing. Maybe you’ll decide to start your own business. This will be a lot of work, but it is worth it. You’ll need some help getting started. Fortunately, I can point you in the right direction.

If you’re going to freelance, you should create your own Web site. This will help potential clients find you. You can also use it to showcase your work. A Web site is also essential for a business. I have some awesome advice and freebies that will help you:
Copyright 2008 WestStar TalkRadio Network. All rights reserved. Subscribe to Kim Komando's
free e-mail newsletters at: www.komando.com

No comments:

Post a Comment