Saturday, February 02, 2008

Kim Komando's FireFox Tips




I get Kim's computer related newsletters each week. There's a daily tip, daily cool site, daily news, and a weekend edition. You can get them too by signing up here. In the meantime, from her weekend edition here's tips on using Firefox as your web browser:

FREEBIES TO BETTER THE BROWSER
There’s more than one way to surf the Internet. There’s Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and many more browsers. I use Firefox. Why? Firefox is not part of Windows. That makes it safer than Internet Explorer.

If you have not tried Firefox, download it this weekend. Here’s a link at my site. It’s free and really easy to set up. I think it’s also faster than IE.

I'm a bit of a geek, so I customize Firefox with extensions. These are programs that add functions to the browser. You can learn more about them in this free column.

Here's a list of my favorite Firefox add-ons or extensions. They are all free:

Hope you like them!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:36 PM

    Kim, I really like this simple a clear mini article you wrote.

    I also use Firefox and found the info on your site useful.

    I found a great little website which has loads of brilliant add-ons, plug-ins and extensions for both Firefox and IE7 and would recommend everyone to check out.

    The site is InternetExplorer-Firefox.com which is a simple, easy to use website and any add-on can be easily downloaded.

    You can also download either web browser with absolute ease.

    ReplyDelete