Monday, March 16, 2009

Irishness


Tomorrow is St. Pattys Day. Really didn't think that much about it until 9 years ago. See, I'm not particularly Irish that I'm aware of.

My mom's side of the family was easy to trace, as her parents are from Europe, Austria to be specific and came to the United States about 110 years ago.

My dad's family has been on this side of the Atlantic since the 1700's.

So who cares about the Irish? My wife of 8 years. Both sides of her family tree have their roots in Ireland. When we were picking a wedding day, my Kathleen wanted March 17th so when her dear mother passed away, she would have a pleasant memory associated with Saint Patrick's Day.

Traditionally the past couple of years, we have been in some out of town location on St. Patrick's Day to celebrate our anniversary. Indy's Cladaugh was where we had a sip of Guinness in 2007 & 2008. This year, we will be at Fort Wayne's J.K. O'Donnell's.

I'm an adopted Irishman and I've got a Cladaugh as a wedding ring to prove it.

Tomorrow, I'll continue this topic on the subject of Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment