Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Days Past and Present.


Memorial Day.

To some, it's the start of Summer, like Labor Day is the end of Summer.

To others it's another day for a sale, yet there seems to always be a sale.

Perhaps cookouts, camping, spending time with family.

Memorial Day for me though as a youngster included a trip with a blanket or a couple of lawn chairs to the parade route that ended at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.

There were a few years in my high school days, that instead of watching the parade with my Dad, he and I were marching in it as members of Scout Troop 12.

Now, my father and one of his brothers who also served in the military are both gone, but remembered.

Their will be parades in our town and across the country today, and once again we will remember with thankfulness those that served that are missing from the cookouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment