Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day...a personal note.



My dad used to complain that there were too many "merchants holidays". Today is one of them.

Yet he also played along. It is more than just a merchants holiday, it is the day that us guys should never forget to do something special for the ladies in our lives. (That didn't come out right. For the lady in our life. There, that's better.)

My parents had their ups and downs and there were times when my dad did not seem to be a romantic. But days like today, and other days that were special to my Mom, he made sure to make them special with a unique way to express his love that was special to his wife.

And that's all that mattered.

Both of them are gone now. The picture above was taken about 10 years ago, about a month before my dad died from cancer. In 2001 my mom died of a broken heart. You can see the love in their eyes after 30 plus years together.

Today, I have my wife Kathy, Rachael and her Brandon, Tiff and her Jon, Josh and his Radish,
Abby, Ian, Jacob and the rest of the Luncsford clan that I married into.

Love is not lost on me and I hope and pray that you reach out to others and express your love today while you still can.



No comments:

Post a Comment