Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life on the Plains


A couple years ago, my wife and I took a trip to Maine to attend my son's graduation from the College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor.

She had never been east and was awestruck as we drove up and down mountains.

In contrast, sometimes I find driving in the midwest boring.

Often flat, long stretches of road.

Sort of like life at times.

But if you need a roller coaster ride style of life, there will be times when you might get a bit bored.

And that is okay.

Boredom is a time to take a time out.

A time to chill.

A time to appreciate the wonder that surrounds us.

Reflect on where we are going, where we've been and where we are.

As much as I appreciate the exciting times in life, I also cherish the quiet times.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment