Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tech Tip Tuesday

A repeat from a few months ago:

Tech Tuesday Tip


This week's tip is rated M for Moderately Techie.

A few computers ago, when I used to really dig in and modify settings, thinking I knew what I was doing, I found a free program called Free Extended Task Manager by Extensoft.

Every once in a while, my computer starts running slow, or a program hangs. I want to turn off the program that is not responding, or find out what is using slowing down my computer, so I will start this program.

I know Windows has a Task Manager program built it, but I like this one better. Click here to check it out.

I noticed that Microsoft Outlook was starting by itself and eating up a lot of my RAM and slowing down my computer. So I clicked on the process tab and stopped Outlook, and my computer was back to full speed.

(Finally I decided to uncover why Outlook would start up, I found the problem in an old calendar item and was able to delete it.)

Good luck, have fun, and be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment