Saturday, August 16, 2008

Part 2 of the Cat vs. the Church


If you haven't read the first part, click here first.

So, as I was having my bagel and coffee at the Firefly this morning, I explained my Moral Dilemma to the oh-so-wise-and-sarcastic Paul, who co-owns the coffee shop with his wife Cindi. Paul also is a Chaplin at Parkview and always has an interesting view on matters big and small. This time we talked about if the cat would be tasty if he didn't make it, and in the meantime, I decide to go to church and check on limpy cat later.

By 11 am my trailer was empty, so I decided to take a break and check on the cat.

Got home and the cat was not around. Apparently he was outside somewhere. So I waited inside and soon heard a squirrel chattering away. They do that when there is a cat nearby.

I went out, found the limpy cat and brought him in and observed. He cleaned himself, used his bad leg to scratch, didn't wince or make any noises, so it appeared his leg wasn't broken. Still when he walked, he continued to limp and not put full pressure on it.

I headed back to the church where my wife was and told her what I observed and she said she found a bunch of fur by the front door this morning so perhaps he was in a fight.

The end of this story (for now), white cat is now limpy cat and next time he comes in, I'll check him over again, but looks like he's gonna make it, and the church work is done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment