Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The REAL Free Credit Report Website



For years, we have been told that we are entitled to a free credit report, once a year. So many people will go to FreeCreditReport.Com and think that they are getting a Free Credit Report.

WRONG!

As a service to you and anyone else that you may know, the REAL free credit report website is AnnualCreditReport.com, like the picture at the top of this article from their website.

I do not understand why the FreeCreditReport.com website has not been shut down for deceptive advertising. It's not really free. They do have a disclaimer:

1 comment:

  1. CreditReport.com is a scam. They redirected me from AnnualCreditReport.com, asked for my credit card to "verify identity" and started billing me onthly for a service that was never delivered. This is like walking into a store, walking out with nothing, and getting billed for what you might have bought. I have notified IC3 (FBI), my bank, FTC, etc. - I am seeking criminal prosecution for obtaining information on false pretenses and using my credit card without being authorized. I urge all others who have gotten involved in this scam to do the same.

    ReplyDelete