Friday, June 17, 2011

A Brand New Chapter




The following I wrote Thursday evening:

Monday morning as I drive to work, I'll be taking a different route than I have for the past 8 years and 2 months.

Instead of driving to radio stations ROCK 104, WILD 96.3, 1250 The River & V-102.9; I am taking a much shorter drive to the Northeast Indiana Innovation Center complex.

The reason?

As some of you know, I am starting a different direction in my marketing career, moving from the traditional radio world to the internet centered world.

I made the decision at the end of May, after being pursued by a local company that is doing work on a local, regional and national level, Cirrus ABS.

Last weekend I spent several hours cleaning out my office, which was filled with way too many papers and several personal items.

This is the second time I've walked away from a radio career, but the first time I've done it as a way to further my overall career goals and follow my passion.

That passion, simply stated, is "To help businesses and people make connections by improving their marketing relationships."

And while I will miss the daily relationships with many of my radio co-workers, the friendships with several of them will continue.

It feels like I have been working 2 jobs the past couple of weeks as I have been transitioning, spending several hours at Cirrus ABS last week and this week in addition to doing my radio work.

And Friday (today) is an all radio day with a sales meeting followed by a managers meeting with a conference call to our company president, a pizza lunch as a going away party from my office staff and then a traditional radio event, a live car dealer remote to wrap up the day.

If you're in Fort Wayne, Indiana this evening, feel free to join me and ROCK 104's Doc West at the Kelley Auto Tent Sale on Lima Road. We'll be hanging out from 5 to 7pm.

(Pictures include Big Kess at a WILD 96.3 remote at McDonalds, Doc West during one of our staff meetings, and the ROCK 104 van hanging out in my driveway).

No comments:

Post a Comment