Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tech Tuesday Tip


This week I have a shopping tip for you.

If you are considering buying someone an ebook reader, you have a multitude of options.

On the expensive side are iPads which are much more than an ebook reader, but will not likely replace most peoples laptops.

At the other end of the spectrum are the Nook and Kindle.

Now, I never gave much thought to ebook readers until 10 days ago when my kids surprised me with a Kindle for my birthday. You can compare them here.

I now have over 100 books stored in my Kindle. But here's why I really prefer it over some of the other options.

Amazon's Kindle is a nice stand alone reader. It will remember what page I was on and I can add notes, and a variety of other features just like if it was a paper version. But then there's another cool feature that I've been using.

There is a free Kindle app for my smartphone. So last Saturday when I was waiting for 20 minutes for a haircut, I could pick up my phone and continue reading where I left off the day before on my Kindle!

I'm not planning on taking my Kindle out of the house except perhaps on vacation. My cellphone is with me everywhere, my laptop is with me during business hours, but when I take out my Kindle, it's for uninterrupted reading time.

Yep, its a pretty cool gift for those of us who are impossible to buy for, but love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment