Friday, November 12, 2010

Working for the Weekend?

I enjoy my work. I really do.

It's not a 9 to 5 job, there is no time clock and I work a few weekends and put in time in the evening too.

My to do list for next week, is the one form of paperwork I turn in every Friday by 4pm.

Out of 15 things, usually at least half get pushed off until the next week, as new things pop up and take their place.

Tim Miles has some advice for us from his blog this week:

How To Have A Better Weekend

Posted: 12 Nov 2010 05:46 AM PST

Before you call it a weekend, tie up a loose end.

Or grab the scissors and cut it off.

Fix something that needs fixed.

That monotonous little project that you’ve been pushing back from one day to the next on your to-do list for days/weeks/months?

Do it.

You know which one I’m talking about. Give yourself permission to get closure.

Lighten your mental load.

That call you haven’t made? Make it.

That thing you haven’t written? Write it.

That noun you haven’t verbed? Verb it.

Give your mental health that gift before you call it a weekend.

Do it. Before noon, please.

I’ll do the same.

Have a great weekend.

Related posts:

  1. Are You A Gift Artist?
  2. Productivity jumpstart? Reboot your office.
  3. Scheduling, Previewing, and Practice

No comments:

Post a Comment