Monday, January 25, 2010

Video Time: Becoming an Old Man


Or Old Woman.

This picture is of two people I never met.

They are my Dad's parents.

My Grandparents.

The restaurant they are standing in front of is still around, still named Howard's Restaurant, although my family has not owned it for at least a dozen years.

My Grandfather died around 1953 or 54. My Grandmother died in February, 1959. I was born 10 months later.

My own parents are gone now too. My mom died in 2001 and my Dad died 3 years earlier. Neither one of them made it to age 70. But they have siblings who did. I have an Uncle Dean who is in his 80's, lives on the side of a mountain with my Aunt Jean in Maine and except for a few more wrinkles, is the same as I remember him 30 & 40 years ago.

I have an Uncle Bill in New Jersey who was my Mom's only sibling. He is in his 70's.

As I look around and see people living in their 70's, 80's and beyond, and living well, it gives me hope too, that I don't have to follow in my parents footsteps to death before 70.

This video can give us some help and hope:




No comments:

Post a Comment