Sunday, June 29, 2008

Reunions, Connections, and Life


Over the weekend, I had a former co-worker of mine come up to me at Meijer's when Doc West of Rock 104, Shannon White of the Three Rivers Festival and I were handing out free 3RF Buttons.

Jerry and I worked together at WFWI, 92.3 back in 1993 or so. I was living in Warsaw and driving to Fort Wayne to go on the air at 5am and do mornings, and Jerry did the overnight shift.

I sometimes find it amazing that I am recognizable after 10, 15, even 25 or more years.

I had a friend named Jorge call out my name a couple years ago when I was riding in the 3 Rivers Festival parade. My eyes went to the direction of the voice and I saw the eyes of an old friend from my high school years, whom I had not seen in 30 years.

I called him up later that day and we have met a couple times since then.

I don't do MySpace or Facebook, although I did set up a profile on each of those sites.

We have a 30 year class reunion coming up in a couple of months and so the reconnecting is going on.

Do you stay in touch with old friends? Do you want to?

Life is better when you have others to share it with.

(By the way, I was not born yet when that picture was taken)

No comments:

Post a Comment