Sunday, April 06, 2008

Proud to be an American Male (explained)


This past week, I've heard on radio and television broadcasts a bunch of whining about the discriminated against American (white) male. To which I say, So What?

There have been attempts thru legislation to give women an equal standing, to give African-American's an equal standing, to give immigrants, to give, to give, to give even more, but again I say, So What?

I do not apologize for being born in this country as a guy, and I do not want any special treatment just because of my gender or skin color. I have seen too many people of all backgrounds complain that life is not fair, and I have seen too many other people of all backgrounds overcome the circumstances that surround them and live their lives based on their terms.

Stop whining, and start living.

Earlier this year, I found a blog called the Art of Manliness
, and want to share with you an excerpt from last week:

The Art of Manliness Weekly Roundup: Chilifest Edition

April 5, 2008

Last night I attended the annual Chilifest put on by my law school. Lots of great chili this year. I definitely ate too much. An organization that I’m a part of at school was defending their two year winning streak. Unfortunately, we lost. There’s always next year.

Now for some links:

Saving face - not just for the Japanese (@ just like a man) No one wants to look like an ass in front of people. Saving face is a phrase imported from China. In China people try to avoid making the other person look bad when engaged in a disagreement. This post puts a Western spin on the concept.

25 Ways to Simplify Your Life with Kids (@ zen habits) If you have kids, this is a great resource how to make your life easier.

The First Money Talk: The When and How of a Conversation Every Couple Needs to Have (@ the simple dollar) Studies have shown that money is one of the leading causes of divorce. Do some preemption by sitting down with your wife and have a frank discussion about your finances. The earlier the better.

Powerful Networking Through Business Card Etiquette (@ just a guy thing) This is a great post from Ian on the etiquette of business card use. He also explains how you can use business cards to advance your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment