Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tech Tuesday Tip


Earlier this month, I was noticing my computer was getting a little sluggish so on a rainy day I finally decided to do some clean up.

I started by getting rid of programs that I no longer used. Some were programs I thought I might use, but haven't, others were ones that I no longer needed.

This can be a dangerous task if you don't know what you are doing. You can accidentally turn your computer into a paperweight.

So, if you want to do this, proceed with caution and at your own risk. I did not remove any programs that were pre-installed with my computer and I did not uninstall any programs that I was unfamiliar with.

I also am a HUGE believer in freeware and shareware, so most of the programs I removed, I could reinstall from their websites in the future if I wanted to use them again.

As a matter of fact, I removed completely a couple of programs so that I do fresh installs of the most current versions of the programs.

Windows Add/Remove Program interface is limited so I used the Revo Uninstaller which you can get here: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

No comments:

Post a Comment