Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Meaningful Friendship


Seth Godin wrote this:

Maybe you need new friends

Real world friends are hard to find and hard to change.

But virtual friends?

If your online friends aren't egging you on...

If your online friends don't spread the word about the work you're doing...

If your online friends aren't respectfully challenging your deeply held beliefs...

If your online friends don't demand the best from you...

Then perhaps you need new online friends.


Me again.
Perhaps you need new off line friends.

Yes, they can be connected to you online too, but the best friends are the ones you see face to face, not Facebook to Facebook.

I'm blessed in that I now have lots of folks who recognize me at many of the places I go. I have a couple of good close friendships too and these guys push me to be my best, even when I don't feel like it.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment