Monday, November 16, 2009

Fort Wayne Site-of-the-Day


The Media Monday theme continues with a story.

In the summer of 1976, I took a class at my high school that prepared me to get licensed by the Federal Communications Commission to operate a radio station. There were about 35 or so students who took the class that summer and the reward would be an opportunity to be on the air at the new radio station our school was launching.

When the F.C.C. came to town to administer the test, only 1/2 the students passed. I was one of them. I was also the only who still worked in the radio business 5 years later. (Also 30 years later!)

The radio station launched 33 years ago at 88.3 FM has changed hands a few times, and if you click here, you'll see what they are doing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment