Sunday, May 17, 2009

Save this Link For GMail Problems


Yesterday, I received this tip on Twitter which helped me with my G-mail account. The words are from Seth Godin, and I echo every one of them:

Trouble accessing gmail remotely

If you access Gmail using a program on your computer (like Mail.app or Outlook) sometimes you'll get an alert telling you that Gmail has rejected your password.

It turns out that there's a hidden link Google provides that lets you do a Captcha test to prove that you're a human. It doesn't change your password, it just resets the flag that Google was using to block remote access.

Anyway, it works for me, every time, and I figured you'd want to know about it. Please don't ask me other technical questions because I'm an untrained savant, unlikely to have any other information other than this.

Thanks. And good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment