Thursday, August 28, 2008

Old vs. New Media

My original intent for Name this Local Website, was to find some of the interesting Fort Wayne Blogs and promote them.

I thought I'd have about 25. Now I'm shooting towards 100. I'm finding them from the links on blogs I've already found and then there are a couple of other methods I'll share one day.

However when I returned from a late lunch today, I found the following article from the "old media" talking about the "new media":

Old media under attack by bloggers and their ilk
Thursday, August 28, 2008

DENVER -- At the entrance of "The Big Tent" -- a refuge for bloggers a short walk from the Pepsi Center -- there's a signup sheet for visitors from newspapers and television and others of their ilk.

"Traditional Media," it says.

It's a subtle putdown, but illustrative of a larger truth: the "new media" -- the Internet journalists, the V-loggers, the satellite radio hosts -- are on the ascent at this convention. They're the ones with the swagger, the ones with the coolest parties and the wonkiest panel discussions.



Click here for the rest of the article

No comments:

Post a Comment