Saturday, March 03, 2007

Still growing


This has been one helluva week. Having to "Un-Hire" an employee. Dealing with some family issues. And thru it all I have realized a pattern of growth.

Awhile ago I had the chance to leave my company and work for another one. The offer was tempting. I am so glad that I decided to stay and focus on what I am doing, because there has been growth thru learning, and taking bold steps that I would not have had to do if I switched. Not that it is easy, but like exercise, that which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger and better.

About 70% to 95% of the time I believe in myself and my ability to get things done. Some call this self-esteem, positive thinking, etc. I call it faith. Faith in God and in myself and knowing the difference.

Kathy and I have gotten into the habit of attending church on Saturdays about 5pm. It is a good time to stop, and keep things in perspective, and re-energize. Week after week, day by day, I find myself learning, reflecting, and growing in my multiple roles as a Dad, Husband, Manager, Leader, Mentor, and Salesperson. All because of my desire to learn, reflect and grow as a Christian with a one-on-one relationship with my God.

They say that our eyes do not grow any bigger since birth, and that our nails grow even till the last moments of our lives. Well, our minds and hearts are still growing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment