Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Tech Tuesday Tip


For the non-techie, this weeks idea:

Subject is E-mail.

We used to depend on the Mailman.

Then fax machines and overnight delivery services like Fed Ex.

Email used to be manageable until we got bombarded with Spam.

My spam is manageable due to using Google's G-Mail to filter out the crap. Currently I get an average of 11 spam messages an hour 24/7.

Then smartphones including Blackberry's came along so you can't escape being connected.

But you can manage it.

And one way is to manage expectations.

Check out this idea from a blog I read:

Be Like Mike: Managing Your Email Inbox

Posted: 21 Oct 2010 03:30 AM PDT

Yesterday, my partner Michael Drew (the entrepreneurial genius behind Promote-A-Book and several other successful adventures) emailed me a congratulations for something that had gone well.

When I emailed him a quick reply of thanks, this immediately came back.

Mike's Auto-Responder Establishing Expectations

Genius. It immediately sets up my expectations without sounding off-putting. Well played, Michael.

I’m a big fan of closing up email when working, but this takes it to another level. Notice how he gives alternatives should someone consider the need to reach Mike an emergency?

Please consider this stolen, Michael. And thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment