Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tech Tuesday Tip


It's amazing how far we've come with computers.

Yesterday a co-worker was telling me about the new laptop he picked up over the weekend for $200.

Yeah, 2 hundred bucks... That's about $1000 less than I spent for mine 2 and a half years ago.

I made a deal with my wife the last time I bought a laptop, and that was that I would keep it for at least 3 years.

I was going through a laptop about every 12 to 15 months.

So, what have I done to keep this one healthy?

I've learned what to tweak and what to leave alone. I also created a backup user account.

That way in case something happens to my main user account on this computer, I can log on with my alter identity. Believe me, there will come a time when you will need to do this.

So do it now, on all your computers because it doesn't matter if you spent $200 or $2000 on your computer, you need it to work.

Start here: http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=user+accounts

No comments:

Post a Comment